See ya, 2011. :) I'm pretty excited for all the fabulous things 2012 holds for us. Hopefully the first great thing coming our way will be someone buying our house! I'm so ready to start on our journey... we have a long way to go! Selling the house, sorting our belongings, letting go of a lot of things.. storing others. Moving to arkansas for a couple of months (well, me and the kids, andy will be working...), flying to st. thomas, finding a home! Ah! But I'm getting so far ahead of myself. Tennessee is home for the time being and I'll make the best of it!
Something that I'd love to do in the new year while I live here: start a wine club. I tried to do this last time I lived here, and I don't think I was in the right circle, haha. No one enjoyed vino! But now I know some fabulous ladies, and I hope that a once monthly, or every 6 weeks, I can host a wine night with my friend Gretchen! I think that would be so lovely! New wines every time and some delicious cheeses and fruit!
Anyway, remember all the super fun surveys people used to do back when myspace was popular? Yeah? Well Brittan has one posted on her blog tonight, and it looked fun. Besides, the kids are in bed, its my anniversary (7 years! I miss Andy so much!), its the most fun holiday bash of the year.. and I'm at home! So, why not? :)
1. What time did you get up this morning? the first time, 6. Sophie was ready to play! She went back to sleep at 730 and so did I. Everyone slept until about 945. It was really nice!
2. How do you like your steak? VERY well done.
3. What was the last movie you saw at the theater? how embarrassing... the last twilight movie. In my defense, I think the movies suck. But I'm not one to turn down the rare night out with the few friends I have here! :)
4. What is your favorite TV show? The Walking Dead, New Girl
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? St. Thomas, USVI
6. What did you have for breakfast? I made chocolate chip pancakes... I ate a small one that I burned. And 36oz of water.
7. Do you wear glasses or contacts? I wish I had glasses. They are *so* cute.
8. What food do you despise? Anything slimy. ewwwwwwwww especially pudding. And fried chicken. And asparagus.
9. Favorite place to eat? Locally, Uptown. I like really unique, off the beaten path places. I mean, I love Olive Garden (who doesn't?!) but.. I like the little hole in the wall places better. I love trying new food in new places!
10. Favorite dressing? TIU Balsamic Citrus!
11. What's your favorite movie? There are too many to choose! Top 3: Blow, Empire Records, Sweet Home Alabama
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans, tank & sweater/hoodie. My long tye-dye hippie skirts. I can't wait to live somewhere tropical, where my laid back beach style is appropriate year-round!
13. Where would you visit, this weekend, if you had the chance? Paris. Even though we literally were just there. I would love to be at the Eiffel Tower at midnight on NYE.
14. How many tattoos do you have? 8. I wish I had a full sleeve (right arm) and breast plate.. Andrew would flip.
15. Where would you want to retire? St. Thomas. Or Italy. Venice more specifically. Or Tuscany. Really... probably Tuscany.
16. What is your desktop photo? its the TIU December challenge calendar. Which will change tomororw when the January calendar comes out!
17. Where were you born? Batesville, AR.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? RAZORBACK FOOTBALL!
19. How many siblings? 1 sister, 3 brothers, 1 stepbrother
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? photography.
21. Coffee drinker? In a bad way.
22. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person... when Andy's gone. When Andy's home my favorite thing is snuggling in bed (at 9pm if I can talk him in to it) and watching Adult Swim and laughing. I am not a morning person... no matter how much sleep I get. But once I'm up, I'm usually ok. I do need my coffee!
23. Do you have any pets? One cat, named Coco. She's an outside cat. I think we are going to get a puppy in a couple of months when Andy comes home. A rottie. We already have a name! She will live inside so I can protect her from the antifreeze.
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Tomorrow I start the 7 Day Slim Down (again!).
25. What did you want to be when you were little? I didn't really have a plan. You could ask me, and my answer was "I'm moving to California".... I did that.
26. What is your favorite color? pink. and sparkly.
27. Are you a cat or a dog person? dog. thats why my cat is outside. litter boxes.. no thanks.
28. Are you married? 5 years!
29. Always wear your seat belt? I can hear my dad as I close my car door.. "BUCKLE UP!"
30. Been in a car accident? When I was 16.
31. Any pet peeves? Loud eaters (chewing loudly, slurping, smacking)
32. Favorite pizza toppings? pepperoni!! NO CHEESE!
33. Favorite flower? lillies!
34. Favorite ice cream? yarnell's woo pig chewy!!
35. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonald's. I never go there. Like in the movie Tommy Boy... "I can HEAR you getting fatter!"
36. How many times did you fail your drivers test? Zero. My dad told me I would be grounded if I failed and he wouldn't take me back to try again.
37. From whom did you get your last email? Spam. No doubt.
38. Which store would you chose to max out your credit card? Anthropologie!!!
39. Like your job? Define Job.
Andy & Me the day after he proposed (he proposed at like 1130 NYE 2006- then we watched the fireworks over the ocean and had champagne! it was SO PERFECT!)
Happy Anniversary, Andrew. I love you so much and I am so happy we are who we are today. You make my life wonderful!